Places to visit
- Ambohitsorohitra Palace - Presidential Palace
- Andafiavaratra Palace - Prime Minister's Palace
- Manjakamiadana Rova - Queens Palace
- Soarano Train Station
- Tsimbazaza - Zoo and Botanical Garden
- Andafiavaratra Museum of Art and Archaeology
- Isoraka Museum of Art and Archaeology
- Lake Anosy
- Ambohimanga - a UNESCO World Heritage Site where the originals kings and queens that once united Madagascar lived, about 24km northeast of the capital. A great view of Antananarivo on clear days.
- Flower Market
- Analakely Market - fruits, vegetables, clothes and tools
- Mahamasina Market - typical Malagasy street market
- Andravoahangy Market - wood carfings, jewelry and raffia crafts.
- Digue Market- handcrafts market.
- Book Market - second hand books and magazines
- Soarano Market - sells everything...
Taxi Driver Richard is a reliable and reasonably priced English speaking taxi driver in the capital.
The ADEMA shuttle bus is a convenient bus service operated by the airport authorities (Aeroports de Madagascar) stopping at various hotels in the city.
32 rue de Russie, Isoraka
Tel: +261 (0)20 22 21063
Jewellers and gemstones
- Madagascar president Rajoelina to run in July vote, breaks promise not to - Reuters (May 03, 2013 15:18)
- Antananarivo, Tianjin sign trade agreement - Global Times (April 23, 2013 04:05)
- Who will be Madagascar's next president? - Africa Review (May 02, 2013 19:13)
- François Goldblatt grins and bears it - Africa Intelligence (subscription) (May 23, 2013 14:38)
- Donors pull plug on Madagascar - eNCA (May 23, 2013 05:45)
- Madagascar's Rajoelina not eligible to run in election - AU - Reuters UK (May 17, 2013 13:48)
- Political Storm Brews in Madagascar - Voice of America (May 13, 2013 18:08)
- SADC's Standardised Remuneration will collapse Swaziland's Economy - Times of Swaziland (May 22, 2013 01:59)
- Madagascar strongman warns July presidential vote may not go ahead - AFP (May 22, 2013 23:00)
- Madagascar's political rivals summoned - Independent Online (blog) (May 21, 2013 21:16)